Volunteer Coordinator / Family Services Volunteering Delivery Officer with excellent communication skills, the ability to identify and understand the needs of service users and the ability to work within a challenging environment is required for a well-established charity based in Winchester, Hampshire, South East England.
SALARY: £22,738 - £27,174 per annum
LOCATION: Winchester, Hampshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator / Family Services Volunteering Delivery Officer with excellent communication skills, the ability to identify and understand the needs of service users and the ability to work within a challenging environment.
Working as a Volunteer Coordinator / Family Services Volunteering Delivery Officer you will work within a small team with the lead responsibility of recruiting and managing a team of volunteers that will support the delivery of high-quality support services for visitors.
As a Volunteer Coordinator / Family Services Volunteering Delivery Officer you will work in close partnership operationally with prison staff and a range of community partner organisations including local universities, to provide volunteering opportunities, placements and internships to students.
Your duties as a Volunteer Coordinator / Family Services Volunteering Delivery Officer will include:
- Work as part of prison family services and under the supervision of the Service Manager to assist in the smooth running of the service
- Lead on the recruitment, inductions, and suitability assessments of volunteers; supporting the matching process of volunteers to service users and tasks
- Contribute to the delivery of training and provision of ongoing development opportunities for the volunteer workforce
- Provide regular effective supervision for the volunteers
- Monitor and manage efficient systems for the health and safety and safeguarding of all volunteers
- Maintain administrative records as required and provide statistical information and reports as required
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all service partners within the prison and the community for the benefit of service users
- Liaise with and attend meetings with varied statutory and voluntary agencies regarding the welfare and needs of service users
- Work within Government, prison and the company's Safeguarding Children policies and procedures
- As a prison based family service, it is important to respond to the needs of individuals and, therefore, many of the tasks are unpredictable and varied. It is expected that all employees will work in a flexible manner when required, undertaking tasks that have not been specifically covered in the role description
- A qualification in a relevant field
- Evidence of recent and continuing professional development and its relevance to the post's requirements
- Experience of working with children, young people and families
- Experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Understanding of the needs of offenders families
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding issues
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of skills and strategies required to recruit, train and maintain professional volunteers
- Ability to assess vulnerable people and engage and support them through a variety of positive interventions
- Ability to work as a team and on own initiative and manage own workload and priorities
- Marketing, Publicity and promotion Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relate to prisoners and their families
- Ability to work effectively with other agencies and professionals
- Ability to engage with a wide range of community and statutory services and facilitate inter-agency links
- Ability to collect and critically analyse data
- Ability to lead training for volunteers within the Service
- Able to book and set up, training resources, equipment etc in a variety of venues
- Committed to working as part of a team
- This post has the following special circumstances:
o Car Driver and access to a car for work purposes
o Occasional travel within a designated geographical area
o Occasional national travel
o Flexible approach to hours due to possible travel and supporting the needs of colleagues and service users
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9392
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Winchester, Hampshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.