Quality Review & Testing Manager (Test Manager) - Higher Education
Quality Review & Testing Manager (Test Manager) needed to work for our Higher Education client, a prestigious London University.
The Quality Review & Test Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that new IT and digital products and enhancements to existing systems are fit for purpose. The post holder will manage a small team to provide test analysis, coordination and support for I projects, services and activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for verifying the functionality and performance of new system developments and major enhancements across the University, and to be a point of contact for technical developers, business analysts, project managers and senior users in regard to testing.
Quality Review & Testing Manager- Higher Education- Essential Experience
- Detailed knowledge of testing best practice and different test strategies.
- Software testing knowledge, including experience of web-based and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of specialist test management/defect logging software.
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and testing methodologies.
- Excellent leadership/ people management skills.
- Highly developed communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to engage constructively with a varied range of system users and stakeholders.
- Experience of working closely and constructively with technical colleagues.
- Ability to collect evidence in support of testing activities.
- Experience of delivering test planning and UAT co-ordination in large scale business change projects using formal test methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team, you must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about their work and be positive and flexible in their approach to assisting others.
- Advanced, specialist experience in a formal testing role including the planning, co-ordination and running of all test activities.
- Experience of implementing/managing quality assurance processes and driving improvements.
- Experience of conducting testing for complex, multi-strand software developments using formal version and environment controls.
- Experience of writing test plans and specifications.
- Experience in task management with proven ability to work to agreed schedules and plans.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or equivalent).
Quality Review & Testing Manager- Higher Education- Desirable Experience
- Experience of test automation is an advantage.
- An understanding of the range of information and Educational Technology solutions commonly used within higher education.
- Good knowledge of the ITIL Release management process, Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of release testing within a range of environments.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.