Description Social Media Senior Specialist - Marketing & Creative Advertising
The Social Media Senior Specialist - Marketing & Creative Advertising
will promote JCPenney's brands, products and services via organic social media & community management. They will be an expert in executing the social strategy and performs the tactical and oversight functions related to planning, coordinating, proofing and executing all social related marketing for the given area of assignment. Position reports to the Manager of Social Media. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Implement JCPenney's social media strategy with clear objective, goals and KPI's which may vary by channel/platform.
- Support social channels for the brand.
- Define strategic deployment of social customer care monitoring, tools and personnel. Manage timely brand messaging to educate and inform care agents on relevant topics.
- Execute new community activation opportunities to build engagement and grow user generated content and followers.
- Work closely with Content Team to influence the creation of content, push innovative boundaries and test new and emerging opportunities (ie Live streams, TikTok, Preimeres)
- Establish and maintain voice, tone, personality and curation of content to drive growth and engagement across all social media platforms.
- Manage social media content calendar (paid and organic), creative briefs, and posting schedule across all platforms in alignment with brand priorities and business goals.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop approval/feedback processes and maintain voice (ie JCP Beauty, LinkedIn/HR, Portrait) in alignment with priorities and goals.
- Work with Content team on ongoing franchises like JCP Live to develop and execute owned content on our channels.
- Leverage trending topics and culturally relevant conversations regularly to drive audience engagement, build brand perception and keep JCPenney top of mind.
- Work with Performance Media Team to ensure organic and paid social are coordinated for maximum impact of customer funnel. Note: this role will not own paid media budgets
- Partner with influencer team to align on campaign programs and leverage relevant influencer and creator content for JCPenney owned social channels.
- Advise and manage test and learn opportunities with an eye on constant innovation for relevance in the space.
- Provide audience and performance insights through owned channels to impact future content-planning.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in paid social or digital marketing.
- Agency background/or client media experience preferred; prior Beauty experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of social platforms, content performance, audiences, paid tactics and digital trend and technology
- Comfortable navigating strategic, creative and analytical responsibilities.
- Comprehends both direct and brand marketing principles and strategies.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, self-starter, energetic and agile
- Forward-thinker with the ability to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment and navigate ambiguity or uncertainty
- Strong multi-task capabilities with ability to juggle multiple projects and requests. High attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the following applications is a plus: Opal, Curalate, Sprout, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Smartsheet.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.