Social Media & PR Manager Slough 9 - 12 months Maternity cover
40k per annum (pro rata) ASAP Start
Our client has been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there's a good chance you're only ever a few meters away from one of their products. Their world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. They are active in more than 150 countries and have set their sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Media and PR Manager to manage three core functions, responsible for the driving the strategy and day to day running of core Always On workstreams, namely the brands social media channels, press office functions and the development and execution of the Always On influencer programme. This role has responsibility across all brands in the UK paint portfolio including Dulux, Heritage, Dulux Trade, Cuprinol and Armstead, all of which take leading positions in the home and decoration category. It is a hybrid role working on site 3 days a week, working from home 2 days per week.
- Lead the delivery of a social media strategy, alongside Marketing Manager
- Supports the development of the brand editorial calendar with creative lead and content teams
- Manages press office, including proactive opportunities and reactive requests
- Drive focus on social/digital brand advocacy approaches through UGC & reviews
- Drive approach on proactive community Management and engagement, liaising with internal Comm Management team as extension of the social team
- Lead the agency team to effectively schedule and distribute content across social media channels according to the overarching social media channel strategy
- Conduct/oversee reporting and analysis to measure performance against business targets and AO KPI's and drive actionable insights for the future
- Champion of Sprinklr, understanding new functionalities working with our success manager. Look for functionality and initiatives for the business
- Managing Facebook business manager - working with digital teams, agencies & global teams on pixel integration, commerce accounts, access levels
- Support customer service team to ensure on brand TOV present when responding to questions or complaints
- Lead development and implementation of AO Influencer strategy
- Support Performance Lead on Paid always on campaigns- revieing media plans, supporting on copy & assets
- Manage day to day social requests (i.e. supporting with content creation- partners, shoots, video creation in production)
- Expert in social channels- keeps up to date with social trends, platform trends
- Use paid advertising to boost important pieces of content on social channels
- 5 years+ social media experience in a branded environment
- Experience with Sprinklr if very desirable (or other similar social management tools may also be useful)
- Solid experience of social media channels and their roles, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Should demonstrate an understanding of the difference and roles between platforms.
- Must have a willingness to learn around interiors/decorative category
- Must have demonstrable experience executing projects that are end-user insight led.
- Experience of effective day-to-day management of stakeholders & agencies.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to be flexible and adapt to change
- Good interpersonal skills and team player to work effectively within a matrix organization
- Ability to manage stakeholders in a large organization
- Pro-active, self-motivated and results driven
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into actionable consumer insights
- Ideally educated to BA/BSc degree level or equivalent
- Customer marketing experience in high performing businesses with multiple categories and/or brands (ideally with shopper marketing experience)
- Experience in marketing and/or commercial within FMCG, Retail or DIY industries
- Experience working within a matrix organisation structure