About the opportunity:
Our client is the leading developer and publisher of digital premium board games, with notable successes including well known, and loved brand names. They are passionate about what they do and have seen tremendous success creating high quality games loved by people all over the world.
We are presenting an exciting and brand new opportunity for a Social Media Manager who will be responsible for engaging with our players to support retention, but also growth of our wide portfolio of board game titles to new audiences and undiscovered communities and ambassadors.
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience of managing communities, and will be integral to the growth and success of the company and games. You will have proven experience in engaging and growing followers across all social platforms, ensuring current and exciting content, working with influencer and other stakeholders to ensure a successful social presence for the company.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for you to really make your mark on a relatively blank canvas.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you'll join a passionate, close-knit and collaborative team of six, who share the same excitement for the design and implementation of excellent marketing strategies to promote the company and the games they produce
Who we are looking for:
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Community Manager, or Social Strategist, preferably in gaming or entertainment
- Proven track record of developing meaningful content from scratch that delivers against engagement and growth targets
- Strong experience in graphic design including Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Working knowledge of social platforms and associated analytics programs such as - Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Tweetdeck, as well as each platform's native analytics tools
- Comfort and experience in creator and influencer outreach (such as Twitch Streamers and YouTubers), and ability to understand their individual goals and motivations
- Understanding of video editing software, for editing features, in house documentaries and interviews etc.
- Proven experience and in depth knowledge of Community Management, Social Media platforms and Forums
- Ability to track, measure and feedback on social analytics, quickly adapt plans or approaches to ensure campaigns deliver the best results possible, and identify key learnings for future
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Bonus points if you have experience nurturing communities on Discord
- Live streaming and hosting experience is not essential, but a plus
- An outgoing, capable Social Media professional who can work as part of a team and evangelise new ways forward
- A fan of video games, with a particular passion for board games is essential
- Appetite for all things digital and social, up to date on the latest platforms and technologies, as well as a desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement in cultural trends
- You will be adept at managing relationships with both playing communities and social media influencers
- Excellent grasp on what content the community savours - you can demonstrate experience in internet culture, gaming trends and memes
- Understands the visual and strategic landscape of social media with a strong foundation in content production and management across all platforms
- Passion for social media, understanding of how to engage, grow channels and analyse trends
- An excellent communicator and presenter with the ability to clearly articulate analysis and insights to various stakeholders within the business
- Collaborative and able to work successfully in team environments in person and across remote teams
- A relentless problem solver with a can do and positive attitude
Why you will love working for us?
In return we are offering:
- A highly competitive salary of circa £45,000 pa dependent on skills, knowledge, and experience
- We offer a flexible remote working policy. As a company we're not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we're sure it's safe.
- (Applicants must live within a commutable distance to Bath for meetings)
- Flexible start and finish times (Core hours are 10am-5pm)
- 22 days holiday, and 3 days at Christmas
- Paid for Enhanced Private Healthcare Scheme (including Dental, Optical, Mental Health, and Employee Assistance Programme)
- Pension Scheme -- with a 5% employer contribution
- Life Assurance
- A generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days' holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Cycle to Work Scheme
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
All our vacancies are handled by our internal recruitment team at Vero HR, and therefore any unsolicited CV's will not be accepted and/or any Agency Terms of Business are expressly rejected. For any recruitment enquiries please email