Social Media Manager - Up to £37,000!
Your new company
Hays are currently working in partnership with a cultural house targeted around Japanese culture. London is one of 3 ArtDeco buildings around the world. Presenting the very best of Japanese art, design, gastronomy, innovation, and technology, Part of a global initiative led by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there are two other in Los Angeles and São Paulo.
Your new role
The Social Media Manager (SMM) oversees all aspects of your new company's presence on social media, from developing overall strategic direction based on audiences and trends to planning, writing and scheduling posts, polls and competitions which will drive audience engagement and achieve KPIs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Appropriate tertiary qualification such as a degree or diploma in Digital Marketing, Advertising, or other related fields, preferably from a recognised institution including the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Digital Marketing Institute
- Additional training and / or supplementary courses in Social Media Management.
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (including IGTV), LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest
- Social media scheduling and listening platforms (eg Sprout Social)
- Core IT skills including familiarity with online tools.
- Use of other software systems beneficial (eg CRM)
- At least 4 years' professional experience in a similar role, having had overall responsibility for an organisation's social media strategy and management.
- Experience of using social media scheduling and reporting platforms (preferably Sprout Social) as well as social listening tools.
- Use of analytics to monitor performance and alter strategy where necessary.
- Reporting to senior management on results.
- Exposure to relevant sector (Museum, Gallery, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination, Tourism Development or PR agency) preferred
- Previous experience in a project-office environment desirable
- Experience of developing social media channels for Ecommerce desirable, including creating shops on our social media channels
- An understanding of Japanese culture and / or Japanese language is highly advantageous
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday - 28 days!
- Employee assistance programme (counselling service)
- Fantastic company culture
- Great location
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.