The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center (JCC) is offering the perfect employment opportunity to make a meaningful difference on a local level. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to raise our profile in the community, connect us with the public, and help us communicate with the next generation of participants and donors. At its core, the role of the Social Media Manager is to lead the JCC in Social Media initiatives and to collaborate with the JCCs senior management team and department heads to create successful, community digital marketing initiatives. Our new Social Media Manager will help develop, package and promote programs and services rooted in our core values to a diverse community of constituents. This position is a unique opportunity for the right individual who is energized by the idea of social media marketing having a significant impact on community. If you are looking for an opportunity to give back to your community; to promote educational, cultural, wellness, and service programming for children and adults of all ages and of all backgrounds and cultures; and to apply your talents where you can really see the impact of your efforts, this could be the right position for you.
The ideal candidate will be creative, calm under pressure, set clear expectations, be customer service oriented, be a team player, and will possess a good sense of humor. Ideally, this person will have experience working or volunteering in a non-profit social service agency, collegial environment, preferably in a community center or Jewish communal organization.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Social Media Manager will be fully responsible for the planning and implementation of all social media communications strategies. In collaboration with Department heads, this person will develop and implement social media plans for JCC Bridgewater programs, as well as for the agency as a whole. To successfully fill this role, the Social Media Manager preferably has experience in: planning and executing multi-media social media strategies fulfilling departmental and agency needs.
Salary: $50,000 commensurate with experience. A JCC Fitness and Aquatics Membership is included as an employee benefit.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- The Social Media Manager is responsible for creating content and scheduling posts on all social media platforms for the Center, including:
- JCC Center Wide (Facebook and Instagram)
- Early Childhood Center (Facebook Group)
- Camp (Facebook & Instagram)
- Fitness (Facebook & Instagram)
- Swim Team (Facebook Group & Instagram)
- Special Needs (Facebook Group)
- Responsible for creating videos on a regular basis, including for special events, as well as of regularly scheduled programs and classes.
- Take photos, including special events, as well as of daily activities and regularly scheduled programs and classes.
- Create social media plans in support of fundraising initiatives, including annual campaign, Giving Tuesday, and more.
- Advance the agency brand and positioning.
- Plan and share deliberate promotional campaigns created to promote JCC mission, all major programs, JCC membership and fundraising events. This requires meetings with Department Directors for understanding their unique offerings and respective target audiences.
- Track above-mentioned campaigns and prepare reports on the larger ones for directors and leadership on the results of the tactics.
- Regularly assess and improve the social media/communications tools utilized.
- Participate in Weekly Marketing Team Meetings.
- Utilize Daxko Engage (CRM system) for e-blast communications.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer in creating and developing digital marketing materials and collateral.
- Participate in agency-wide programs and special events, including Bridgewater Community Day, Bridgewater Carnival, Open House events and more.
- Participate in JCC Staff and Program Meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Creative thinker with ability to develop engaging social media posts that will solicit engagement with our membership and the local community.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write digital marketing copy creatively and effectively under deadline.
- Be flexible and possess strong time management skills.
- Have a calm demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Analytical and creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning messaging and design sensibility.
- Be current and knowledgeable of social media marketing trends.
- Knowledge of and comfort with new technology and familiarity with best practices of digital marketing and communications strategies.
- Working knowledge of and experience with creative design and online platforms.
- Working knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs and culture preferred, or willingness to learn.
- Embrace professional development opportunities.
The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center will provide a wholesome, nondiscriminatory facility with a wide range of services and diverse programming. This Center is committed to preserving, enhancing and strengthening Jewish identity and fellowship and will work to enrich the Jewish community and community-at-large.
The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center is a non-sectarian social service agency located on 14 acres on Talamini Road in Bridgewater. The JCC opened its doors to the community in December 1999 after years of planning and fundraising by a passionate group of local families that were driven to bring a JCC to our area.
The JCC serves residents of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties with fitness, recreation, social, cultural and educational programming for the entire community. The JCC is open to all, and is dedicated to creating an environment that is open, safe, understanding and accepting. We welcome individuals and families of all race, religion, culture, national origin, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, economic status, mental or physical disability and backgrounds to be part of our JCC Family.
The JCC is the central address of our widely spread, diverse Jewish community and serves as coordinator and locale for many community-wide events and for programs of Jewish education and culture. Universal humanistic Jewish values and ethics serve as the foundation for our JCC. The JCC is governed by a Board of Directors that works with JCC Professional Staff to fulfill our mission of providing quality programs and services to meet the needs and wants of the Jewish and general communities.
The JCC facility includes heated indoor and outdoor salt-based pools. A dome enclosed outdoor pool is available in the off-season for year-round use. The JCC has a state-of-the-art fitness center, group fitness studios, spin studio and gymnasium. We offer more than 70 group fitness classes/week, including the internationally acclaimed Les Mills Fitness Program.
Our 70,000 square foot building is home to the Blaustein Early Childhood Center, JCC Camp Ruach, the J-Crew After School Program, adult programs, Jewish holiday observances and celebrations, special needs programs, the JFit Club Fitness Center, an indoor/outdoor Aquatics Center, and more.