Do you have a way with words? Can you create impactful social media content? Would you enjoy working at the high-paced heart of marketing and BD at one of the largest law firms? Then this is the job for you.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
As our Social Media Executive, you will have day-to-day responsibility for managing the firm's social media channels across the UK, CEE, Middle East and Asia. You will collaborate with people across regions, sectors and practice groups to implement the firm's social media strategy and make the most of the firm's social media accounts as well as fee-earners' personal profiles.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the firm's social media channels, with LinkedIn as the number one priority;
* Keeping on top of the latest social media trends, developments and algorithm changes;
* Working with BD and fee-earning teams to create effective social media content;
* Producing graphics, images, videos and presentations for our digital channels;
* Developing organic and sponsored social media campaigns to support the firm's strategic objectives;
* Training individuals and teams on social media best practice
* Being the go-to person for social media know-how;
* Managing podcast and video platforms for content promoted on social media;
* Being a guardian of CMS' brand identity on social media.
The ideal candidate is someone with excellent writing skills, an analytical mind and a knack for making social media posts look great. Experience of working within a professional services environment is vital.
Essential skills include:
* A thorough understanding of LinkedIn and other social media platforms such as Twitter and YouTube;
* The ability to write crisp, concise and engaging copy for social media posts;
* Basic graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint and/or Google Slides;
* Proven stakeholder management experience;
* The ability to manage multiple projects at once;
* An interest in creative work, with an eye for visual and experience of briefing creatives;
* The ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms;
* Strong attention to detail.
When you join CMS, you join an inspiring environment with flexibility and personal development at its core. It is a brilliant place to grow.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.