AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP's Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) Group includes Membership, Content and Editorial, Customer Experience, External Relations, Brand Strategy and Strategic Communications. Across paid, earned, shared and owned channels, ICM manages AARP's reputation, drives engagement and member growth, and showcases AARP's mission and value through one, integrated voice.
The Social Media Cooridnator
partners with cross-functional teams to develop and publish compelling, valuable marketing content to attract and engage customers. Works with marketing teams to plan, strategize, and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain brand presence in the market. Provides day-to-day coordination for initiatives and liaising with internal business units and external partners as appropriate. Assists with project management of social media campaigns (organic and paid media), as well as on insights and ensuring objectives are met. Helps to ensure that social media initiatives align to brand standards and industry best practices. Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and project management support to the social media team.
- Support Marketing Analytics Manager and broader social media team on data and insights.
- Support Marketing and Communications Manager on paid media campaigns.
- Support social media team with research on new concepts/ideas, best practices and the latest trends that drive key social media metrics and results.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience required, preferably at a digital / social marketing agency or large, complex organization
- Demonstrate understanding of marketing and creative environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- This is an in-office position and the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise level is required
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.