@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here's your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We're changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We're searching our next full time Senior Public Relations Specialist who enjoys generating impactful media coverage, consulting on client storytelling, and working day-to-day with clients. This role requires a public affairs/public relations background and will focus on media relations-related activities that support a cybersecurity-focused organization.
The candidate will be innovative and highly motivated and will help grow the capacity of ICF Next's Media Relations Practice. Strong candidates will have experience helping clients meet their communications and business goals; fostering and maintaining relationships with national, trade and local media outlets; and helping clients manage negative news cycles.
If you are passionate about strategic communications and if you have prior experience working with the media on homeland security or cybersecurity issues impacting the public sector and/or private sector, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-profile organization.
- Develop media engagement strategies for campaigns, announcements and events, to include identifying target media outlets and reporters, crafting media pitches and supporting outreach efforts.
- Provide proactive media consultation, participate in brainstorming sessions, lead story development and conduct proactive pitching aimed at creating compelling stories to promote a cybersecurity focused organization and its executives.
- Produce and review client ready materials such as transcripts, backgrounders, and other materials for use in responding to media inquiries or generating media coverage of initiatives, programs and services.
- Lead client meetings and serve as the day-to-day client lead for requested tasks related to media relations.
- Participate in client briefings measuring the effectiveness of messaging and press coverage.
- Support media monitoring campaigns, as well as ad hoc analysis of print and online stories to determine the effectiveness of outreach.
- Assist master media trainer with preparing and executing media training sessions.
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, DHS Fitness Determination.
- BS/BA in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related field.
- 6+ years of professional communications experience
- Must be a
- Media relations and/or strategic communications experience in developing and executing media strategies and/or outreach campaigns, preferably in an agency setting.
- Substantial knowledge of public relations and integrated media.
- Experience with multichannel media approaches, media pitching and media monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience, results, and relationships with broadcast, radio, print and digital journalists is a must.
- Experience providing strategic or innovative recommendations to a client and/or leadership within an organization.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- PR agency, corporate or government agency experience preferred.
- Success with being a team player and experience leading key projects or tasks.
- Self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s): This is a remote position with up to 10% ad hoc travel to the client. The preferred candidate would be local to the Washington D.C. metro area.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy () .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights () and Pay Transparency Statement () .
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is :
$82,673.00 - $140,544.00
COVID-19 Policy: The position you are applying to requires the selected employee(s) to provide proof of their full vaccination status which is defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for use by the FDA.
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)
Need help? We're here:
ICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at () .