ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Our award-winning agency is growing and in search of a Senior Communications Specialist, Social Media
to support our federal health communications work in Rockville, Maryland, with the potential for onsite support with a federal agency client in Bethesda, Maryland. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization. Occasional domestic travel may be required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge and expertise as a proactive, social media manager, ideally for federal public health programs.What you will be doing:
- Leading social media activities including strategy, planning, content development and daily management of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other platforms, increasing engagement with diverse audiences, and mitigating risk through planning and policy adherence.
- Providing guidance to internal teams and clients on digital strategy and implementation, including planning and consulting.
- Reviewing and developing standard operating procedures in alignment with overarching communicating strategies.
- Leveraging digital analytics to measure success and inform strategy and tactics, including overseeing reporting of key performance indicators and periodic A/B testing.
- Leading social listening activities and turning insights into actionable recommendations.
- Working with multiple team members to recommend, develop, and implement new strategies to achieve organizational objectives for small and large initiatives.
- Evaluating social media inquiries and comments and communicating and engaging with social media audiences in a timely manner.
- Conceptualizing, coordinating, and preparing relevant and client-ready content for social media, including images and videos in coordination with Creative Services that meet both company and client standards and needs; and preparing ad hoc posts and digital ads through tools such as Canva or Adobe Spark.
- In consultation with Project Management and Paid Media teams, strategizing and developing content for ongoing paid campaigns.
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 8+ years of experience leading social media outreach as a part of integrated health communications programs for clients in the health and/or government sectors. Experience working with NIH and/or CDC in a consulting environment strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, platforms and ability to stay up to date with current technologies and trends
- Proficiency with social media measurement and management platforms (e.g., SproutSocial, Sprinklr, others)
- Proficiency with social media cloud-based tools for graphic design and video (e.g., Canva, Adobe Spark, Promo)
- Superior verbal, written, analytical and presentation communication skills and personal interaction skills
- Experience in serving as the main point of contact for supporting multiple social media accounts for internal and external clients
- Experience organizing, promoting, and directing social media events (e.g., Facebook Live events or Twitter chats)
- Experience communicating about complex scientific findings and engaging with diverse audiences preferred
- Experience conducting news media outreach and reporting (e.g., via Cision, Meltwater, and/or social media) and managing federal distribution platforms, such as Granicus, is a plus but not required.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration
- Demonstrated client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Results-driven, creative thinker with innovative and holistic approach to problem solving
- Experience with effective content development
- Knowledge of plain language principles
#LI-CC1Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.COVID-19 Policy
: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)