Portsmouth City Councils Internal Recruitment Agency provides short-term temporary cover to Portsmouth City Council and surrounding local Boroughs, across a wide range of services. It also manages the Councils external recruitment agency contracts.
What is the role?
* Compliance - requesting/chasing references, issuing new start packs, ensuring compulsory courses are completed prior to start dates
* Requesting IT access and ID passes for new starters
* Database management - create personnel records, action amendments, request P45's/terminate records
* Candidate availability calls
* Liaising with hiring managers to gain feedback on CV's sent, arrange interviews and confirm start/end dates
* DBS Processing - using a bespoke database
* General administrative support
* Ensure all timesheets are in by the deadline given
* Process Payroll using an Excel spreadsheet
* Liaise with the Payroll team regarding any issues or queries
* Liaise with temporary workers regarding any timesheet or Payroll issues/queries
External Agency management
* Liaise with the Councils vendor neutral supplier with reference to external agency temporary staff.
* Build & maintain relationships with hiring managers across PCC and external Clients
* Responsible for cascading all communications to temporary workers (for example if there is an early payroll deadline) and managers regarding any issues relating to temporary staff.
* Build & maintain relationships with other internal services such as IT, Finance, HR and Facilities
Social Media management
* Facebook - keeping the page up to date and relevant.
* Portsmouth Councils job page and Indeed
As part of your role you will manage these sites and have creative input as to how these are managed to expand our public image.
Who is the person?
A proactive and conscientious individual who possesses excellent communication skills. You will be experienced in building successful working relationships with Clients and Customers and working to tight deadlines.
Recruitment or Resourcing experience, however we will also look to see if you have transferrable skills.
Strong MS Office skills and social media management experience is essential