Public Relations Specialist
Job Location: Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, St. Louis
Online portfolio or professional writing samples required.
Join our team
Centric Consulting is a management consulting firm that guides clients in the search for answers to complex digital, business and technology problems. We help clients conquer change, optimize processes, elevate technology, and best compete in a digital world. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. Headquartered in Ohio, with locations across the country and India, Centric has earned annual recognition by Forbes as one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms since 2016. Visit our website to learn more.
Are you passionate about media relations? Does the intersection of business and technology interest you? Do you have experience establishing public relations strategies for B2B companies? Then join the National Marketing team at Centric Consulting. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating and maintaining Centric's public image. This includes developing strategic public relations initiatives to drive brand awareness for the management consulting firm and its services, handling media relations, and identifying award opportunities.
Our National Marketing team is growing! We're looking for Public Relations Specialist to join our team.
In this role, you will:
* Public relations - Develop PR plans that go-hand-in-hand with marketing campaigns, support our national services and local business units, and help increase brand awareness. Track, analyze and report on PR campaign performance. Aspects of this include:
* Media relations - Identify and secure opportunities, pitch stories, draft and distribute news releases, build media relationships, manage requests, and prepare leaders for interviews.
* Award strategy - Identify and apply to accolades that help boost Centric's reputation and develop a plan to promote wins.
* Communications - Help guide internal teams by creating templates and delivering presentations to increase understanding of PR and related best practices.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
* Bachelor's in Public Relations, Communications or related field required.
* At least 3-5 years of experience working in PR for B2B companies or an agency.
* Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with exceptional grammar and spelling skills.
* Commitment to maintaining brand guidelines. AP Style knowledge preferred.
* Tech-savvy with preferred proficiency in Cision; collaboration platforms like Microsoft 365 (Teams and Office); project management tools such as Asana.
* Creative thinker, excellent writer and skilled communicator (both written and verbal)
* Fixated on wordsmithing, the finer details, and brand consistency
* Known for meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
* Thrive working independently or as an active member of a team, with the ability to take initiative to get things done
What makes Centric different?
Special Culture - Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines - who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don't take our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us unique.
Impact - We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel - a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
Unmatched Experiences - We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It's at the root of who we are as a firm and why we're here.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging - We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they've had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
Innovation - We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
Passion for the greater good - We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
The Nitty Gritty - Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance!), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees. In fact, we wrote the book on creating a remote culture - literally.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.