Are you fascinated by the way culture moves? Are you ready to influence the headlines, create the news of tomorrow and then show the world what's next? Join us at Golin.
Golin is a future-focused public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin, and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable. Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare, technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Our paid, full-time internship/trainee program runs from July through December of 2023
and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. The internship is a program that aims to give you varied experience in PR with exposure to different practice areas and skillsets. You'll be an active team member within our core practice groups - corporate communications, consumer, digital - as well as specialty practices within Golin.
What are you waiting for? Check out the requirements below and apply today.Responsibilities May Include:
- Working in a collaborative G4 Model environment with account management, creative, analytics, strategic planning, traditional media, and digital experts
- Beginning to forge strong relationships with key business and trade media/media contacts by conducting media outreach
- Crafting media pitches, building media lists and calendars
- Learning and working with Golin's tools to identify social media influencers
- Researching and managing influencer campaigns as well as end-to-end influencer partnerships, from contracts to execution
- Monitoring relevant news for stories and client mentions and drafting weekly monitoring reports
- Drafting social media content, blog posts, editorial calendars, and client materials
- Identify real-time opportunities, monitor issues and trends, and work with your team to creatively engage with those opportunities
- Conducting and summarizing topic- or industry-specific research to inform public relations activities
- A champion of diverse talent who proactively cultivates an inclusive culture and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client's business forward
- A news junkie, social media and/or pop-culture savvy with a passion for traditional/social media, trends, and influencer relations
- Passionate about the Communications/PR industry
- A sponge who is eager to learn and grow
- A self-starter
- A team-player
Short Answer Questions:
- You must be a college graduate or have obtained your degree by June 2023
- Preferred location is Chicago, IL, and we are open to considering qualified remote candidates in other locations.
- You must be available to work a full-time hybrid schedule, Monday - Friday, 8:30a.m. - 5:30p.m Central Standard Time
- Submit the short answers If you do not follow all directions, your application will not be considered.
- Your resume and responses to the questions listed below, all combined into a SINGLE PDF document. Each answer should be no more than 200 words.
- Saved as: "Last Name, First pdf"
- Deadline to apply is March 31st
1. Think of a recent PR campaign that resonated with you. What did you like about it?
2. What's an example of a special skill or unique perspective you think would add value to Golin and it's clients?
Interns will be paid an hourly rate of $18.00.
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golinis proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status .
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.