SutherlandGold is a PR agency specializing in the tech industry where ambitious, creatives hit go. We're dedicated to the art of storytelling and helping companies own their narrative to inspire action in their target audience. We work with market leaders and soon-to-be change makers to develop positioning and establish their thought leadership in their field.
While we have offices in San Francisco and New York, we are open to the Account Supervisor being remote. Ideally we are looking for someone on, or close to, the West Coast.
As an Account Supervisor, your focus is on managing day to day media relations, client programs/initiatives and launches. In this role you are also the primary leader of teams, responsible for managing workflow, client projects and focusing weekly activity on client results and goals. Sr Account Supervisors are responsible for media and program strategy, but also contributors to overarching account strategy, client positioning and creative ideas.
- Drives the day to day and serves as primary point of contact for clients.
- Moves all aspects of an account forward, ensuring all account programs and activities map are on track and map back to client goals.
- Supervises the work of account team members by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and meeting deadlines.
- Drafts the first revision of large campaign and yearly plans for clients; pulling in VPs/digital resources/peers to build out and finalize.
- Consults with clients on media strategy and approach for announcements and story pitching; delivers media strategy documents to client autonomously.
- Creates execution plans that ladder back to client goals.
- Runs client launches and news announcements with support from team and media experts.
- Identifies trend stories, executive features and client/product spotlights -- land stories individually + direct teams in their pitching/to achieve results.
- Follows the news and make smart recommendations for how clients and insert their executives, products and POVs into trending stories and themes.
- Thinks creatively about how digital marketing can support media relations -- social, content, events, paid -- and put ideas into action.
- Participates in new business including crafting proposals/decks and attending presentations.
- Oversees the growth and professional development of direct reports, including drafting and delivering performance reviews, conducting regular meetings to assess progress, and elevating performance issues to management team as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5 - 6 years of experience in public relations agency or a similar position.
- Solid understanding of the overall technology industry.
- Deep relationships with specific category of higher level media (business, technology or consumer) that result in significant coverage for client
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional writing capabilities.
- Results-driven and self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management