The Public Relations Manager (PRM) will develop and execute a holistic communications strategy, inclusive of branding, public relations and crisis management. You will work closely with senior executives and the rest of the Marketing team as the communications lead within your region. The PRM provides press support for the company's regional offices, local service lines and expert brokers and consultants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements regional strategic public relations and external communications plans that are innovative, flexible and support key business initiatives and corporate reputation programs.
- Develops high-quality, thoughtful and creative communications materials (pitches, press releases, Q&As, talking points, award submissions, blogs, social media posts, etc.).
- Works in partnership across the broader Savills Marketing team to align public relations strategies that support the firm's business objectives through holistic communications and marketing initiatives.
- Builds and manages relationships with media and other external stakeholders to identify storytelling opportunities that increase awareness and understanding of Savills initiatives and points of differentiation.
- Partners with external agencies and service providers to support overarching corporate and communications goals.
- Delivers recaps to assess progress against goals, outlining measurable results, qualitative outcomes and key insights for short-term and long-term public relations projects.
- Identifies the best and most effective communications channels and formats to advance key messages, services and brand positioning.
- Lead recurring update meetings with offices, region leads, brokers and key internal stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and reliable with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in public relations (in-house or agency).
§ Commercial real estate experience highly preferred.
- Experience with public relations strategy development, implementation and demonstration of results.
- Experience working with senior executives to develop and implement strategic external communications initiatives.
§ Experience with various communications tools such as Cision, Meltwater, LexisNexis, PR Newswire, etc., along with SEO, SEM, Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective press releases, pitches and media summaries.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable engaging and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with various forms of media, including print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Travel up to 25%
QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to manage numerous external communications programs involving many components in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must excel at setting and meeting individual timelines and milestones.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
§ Ability to work independently and with focus, with little supervision.
Savills values a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Savills participates in the E-Verify program.