(Associate) PR Manager - Fashion
TOPR is building out our fashion division and we're looking for an experienced publicist to join and help grow said division. We're looking for an associate or manager level publicist with strong fashion, fitness and accessories relationships. Current clients include the likes of Merrell, Hush Puppies CAT footwear.
ABOUT US: TOPR is a DUMBO, Brooklyn-based boutique agency founded in 2018. We are a group of fast paced and creative thinkers who share a mutual love for dogs - specifically our team of #PRPups. We've all worked at different agencies from LA to NYC and have come together to form the "anti-agency" where out-of-the-box thinking and work/life balance are a priority. Over the last 3 years, we've significantly grown to build out a beauty division, lifestyle + wellness division, fashion and digital division. PR is constantly evolving, and that's never been more true in recent times. We believe it's important to flow with the evolution and become leaders in our industry.
- Serve as a supplemental client contact for those accounts that are assigned for you; maintain positive client relations on behalf of the TOPR
- Support communication strategies to support the growth of TOPR brands
- Establish and sustain strong industry contacts with entry- to mid-level fashion, fitness and accessories press, both online and in print
- Successfully pitch and secure coverage for your clients; ensure personal and team placement goals are met
- Aid in implementing PR campaigns, partnerships and events, working alongside senior staff and mentoring junior team members
- Assist with managing and coordinating press events, new product launch events, and desksides
- Manage and delegate responsibilities (as needed) to PR Coordinator and Interns to ensure all trackers and databases are updated in a timely manner. I.e., call agendas, bi-weekly/monthly reports, press trackers, clips, etc.
- Oversee and assist the PR Coordinator and Interns with executing mailings, send outs, etc.
- Maintain all media lists (national, online) to ensure that they are up-to-date using MuckRack software
- Write and edit media materials - press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies, etc.
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside all members of the team
- You will contribute to the overall culture of the TOPR
- Act as a TOPR ambassador in the community via involvement on industry committees, boards and events
- Located in New York City (and/or close enough to be able to commute to & from the office on a semi-regular basis)
- 2-3 years agency/in-house experience working on fashion and/or footwear brands
- Strong strong media relationships and has a track record of success securing placements
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects at a time without supervision
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Proactive, self-starter with outstanding organizational and communication skills
- You love working with people and people love working with you
- Team-player, we pride ourselves in having an anti-agency as well as an all hands on deck way of working
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work-from-home schedule
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Additional benefits including gym discounts, ClassPass discount, commuter benefits and more
- Dog-friendly, Brooklyn-based office