Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and provide reasonable accommodations as needed to our applicants. Please discuss with our hiring managers during our selection processes. SUMMARY
The Marketing/PR Associate works directly with the Director of Sales & Marketing to manage the development, implementation and oversight of Marketing and PR strategies. Responsible for managing website, email campaigns, print collateral, public relations, social media and other supporting marketing channels for the hotel. Responsible for entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing marketing partners, suppliers, OTA Account Executives, media, local influencers as well as building new relationships to generate revenue for the hotel. Work with Corporate Director of Communications to develop and execute the hotel's overall strategic public relations programs including but not limited to; media relations, community relations, and internal communications, in conjunction with corporate directives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Formulate and execute rooms focused Marketing and PR initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, print/digital promotions, national & local email campaigns, third party (i.e. AmEx, Consortia, Publications, etc.) email/direct marketing initiatives, website, social media planning and execution, writing and editing press releases and other communications, local/regional pitching efforts and oversight of PR agency.
- Formulate and execute Food & Beverage related Marketing and PR initiatives such as check stuffers, menu designs, updating website with new menus and content, social media, updating/working with design team for all collateral and strategic planning with department heads to create profitable offerings, and pitch national/local media.
- Formulate and execute Spa and Retail related Marketing and PR initiatives such as check stuffers, trunk shows, interviews and articles, updating website with special offers/new treatments, social media, strategic planning with department head to create profitable offerings, and pitch national/local media.
- General support for Director of Sales & Marketing. This includes, but is not limited to answering general Marketing and PR inquiries, attending meetings, working as main contact.
- Assist in Managing outside PR agency, provide direction for media visits, media entertainment and creating itineraries.
- Website management. Complete monthly audits of website content to ensure it is accurate and updated. Work with department heads to update all necessary information with copy, imagery, etc. as well as lead brainstorming sessions to generate content that will ultimately lead to a purchase. Media planning and ad execution.
- Work with Corporate Digital Marketing Manager to determine media plan, SEO, PPC and web analytics.
- Budget analysis and maintenance. Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure department stays within expense budget while moving dollars to and from various line items to prioritize and execute the most profitable projects.
- Work with revenue management department to monitor and leverage online listings with all major online travel sites. Work with revenue management to position rates for success
- Manage URL Listings
- Execute all email marketing programs
- Assist with trafficking and creation of online newsletter
- Assist with trafficking and tracking of direct mail campaigns
- Assist in planning, promoting and coordinating special events including but not limited to customer appreciation events, socials, wine tasting, press trips, customer FAM trips and outdoor activities, photo shoots.
- Serves as brand representative for internal and external purposes; promotes and protects brand equity.
- Supports the execution of marketing communication in all aspects: through dedicated direct & email campaigns, advertising, online media, social media, blogs, etc.
- Communication and planning of all Marketing initiatives to hotel outlets (Rooms, Food & Beverage, Spa and promotions/packages).
- Manages communication with third party vendors and routes approval process through the executive office and brand.
- Develops and manages all strategic campaigns that communicate packages and promotions to achieve revenue goals and grow market share.
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/produce awareness.
- Participates and contributes to the planning and yearly calendar programming.
- Professionally represent the hotel at all industry/community functions.
- Participate as a team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Ability to perform other duties as required
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2-5 years' experience in marketing, advertising, branding, public relations, social media strategy and execution.
- Computer proficiency and administratively strong.
- Knowledge of food and beverage menus, food preparation and presentation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent inter-personal and sales/marketing and public relations related experience.
- Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently.
- Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Opera.
- Ability to establish and master goals.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, talking, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.