Account Coordinator and Assistant Digital News Producer
Devine + Partners (D+P) is seeking an Account Coordinator and Assistant Digital News Producer to join our team. In this entry-level position, you will play an important role on multiple client account teams and working directly with senior public relations professionals on major accounts. You will be an essential part of creating digital content for clients.
D+P is a fast-paced, hands-on environment. The ideal candidate is energetic, independent, self-motivated and is able to learn and adapt to new concepts quickly. Every position at D+P requires excellent time management skills, but a strong candidate for the position should be prepared to balance a full client load while remaining ready to jump in and lend a hand to colleagues wherever it is needed.
In this position, you will be expected to serve in a traditional public relations role which includes research, pitching media, writing content and more. In addition, you will be tasked with assisting in the storyboarding, filming and editing of short video news packages for clients to use across their owned, earned and shared platforms.
Located in Center City, Philadelphia, D+P is a leading, independent communications firm specializing in research-based public relations, content management, issues management, digital communications, message development and social media. Our client portfolio is diverse and dynamic, filled with some of the best-known brands in the mid-Atlantic region, from travel/tourism and hospitality to corporate and financial, healthcare, non-profit, consumer goods, and a growing sustainability/environmental practice. Our firm is evolving and this new position will be part of the brand journalism/owned content revolution shaking up our profession. Feel free to check us out at devinepartners.com.
If you think this is the right fit, send your cover letter, resume, and writing and video sample(s) to with the subject line "Account Coordinator and Asst. Digital News Producer."
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plays a key role in day-to-day client work, including supporting senior staff in effectively and thoughtfully executing all elements of the communications plan
- Storyboard, film and edit short video news packages for clients and D+P
- Conducts media outreach and interview coordination
- Plays an active role in developing social media strategy, developing content, executing strategy and measuring results
- Monitors and tracks media coverage for recurring client reports
- Creates recurring client reports on deadline
- Prepares and updates local, regional and national media lists
- Assists with research for new business proposals and presentations
- Drafts press releases, media advisories, blogs and other written client materials
- Assists in event planning and on-site support
- Supports senior staff with projects
- Administrative support
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, multimedia journalism, or related field
- Internship or other experience in a public relations agency or similar position
- Fluent in video production process (including filming and editing) and related programs specifically Adobe Premiere Pro
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of the media landscape
- Fluent in social media strategy, execution and analytics
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud products like Photoshop, After Effects, Indesign and Illustrator are a plus
What We Offer:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing
- Friday Lunch
- Flex Hours
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Support for Employee Volunteer Involvement
- Professional Development Fund