About The Narrative Project
The Narrative Project is Connecticut's only anti-racist communications agency, focused on equity, oriented to justice, and dedicated to providing high-quality public relations and full-service communications for mission-driven organizations throughout the state. Through socially responsible communications consulting, The Narrative Project works to help emerging and established mission-driven organizations reach their diverse publics, build their image, further their mission, and achieve their goals.
The Account Associate will play an instrumental role in "keeping the wheels moving" within The Narrative Project, supporting company-wide communications strategies through the timely production of written and digital content. The Account Associate holds key responsibilities, acting as the backbone of our organization by keeping the team honest with timelines, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining communication with key media contacts, and drafting materials such as speeches, announcements, social media content, video scripts, etc. In order to succeed, you need to have exceptional communication skills, obsessive attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects with moving parts, meet deadlines, and stay cool under pressure. You must have a strong work ethic, a passion for economic, racial and social justice, and a desire and capacity to continuously learn.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, newsletter content, social media content, etc.
- Manage strategic communications for multiple clients, including at least three to four accounts
- Perform fundamental public relations tasks, such as developing and editing high-quality media materials (e.g., press releases, briefing memos, media advisories, pitch sheets) and pitching and placing stories by and about clients in print, online, and broadcast outlets
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events and effective training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations
- Collaborate on account teams for multiple clients
- Pursue a professional development plan created in collaboration with your supervisor
- Anticipate client needs, as well as internal team needs and assignments, on a daily basis
- Monitor trends and changes in news media, social media, and in the political and nonprofit landscapes
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns
- Draft and copy-edit written materials
- Proactively research and suggest content to support and reinforce the organization's goals
- Show initiative by taking on new projects and actively growing into new skill sets
- Graphic design (as needed)
- Social media (as needed)
- Videography (as needed)
- Photography (as needed)
- This position may include other duties as assigned
Relevant college experience in agency work, or journalism, communications, public relations, or marketing and at least 2-4 years of work experience, or some combination of the aforementioned.
- Dedication to dismantling harmful narratives surrounding race, ethnicity, privilege and power
- Self-starting, propensity to take initiative with the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with a variety of adobe programs, primarily Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Client-focused, energetic and detail-oriented
This position offers room to grow and is an exciting opportunity for any emerging communications professional with an interest in mission-driven, change communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance