We're looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly creative PR Executive to help us tell compelling stories to gain maximum coverage, joining our well-established and highly-driven in-house Communications Team.
Reporting to the PR Manager, the PR Executive will play a supportive role in delivering our PR and external communications strategy, ensuring that all activity is aligned with our brand strategy and PR roadmap.
This role will focus on our recruitment PR activity, encouraging new TCs to set up their own travel business, but with an expectation to work across other PR activity in the business to support the rest of the team as well.
The successful PR Executive will be someone who wants to build a career in PR, is looking to take it to the next step, wants to challenge themselves every day and gets excited about driving engagement and results.
PR Executive Duties
- Work closely with the recruitment marketing teams to deliver PR activity which aligns with the recruitment marketing strategy
- Proactively source and react to external media opportunities and be highly confident in responding to the latest news agenda to further awareness and recognition for the Travel Counsellors brand and its business owners
- Build on Travel Counsellors' good reputation by sustaining and creating positive media relations with all target press contacts and publications
- Write pitches, news stories, articles and case studies
- Support the relationship with the external PR agency partner, supplying timely company information
- Facilitate the growth of individual franchisee's businesses by supporting them with local and regional media enquiries
- Accountable for media lists, contacts, relationships, outreach and sell-ins
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, predominately the recruitment, marketing, corporate, commercial and tech teams
- Support in organising press events and arranging media meets
- Monitor press coverage and produce monthly and quarterly evaluation reports against key objectives
- Research the news, social media and media landscapes for trends, insight and any opportunities we can react to
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter Day (annually)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3 x death in service
- Company pension scheme
- Costco membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount
Skills and experience required
We're passionate about the brilliant business we've built up over the last 28 years and you'll share the same enthusiasm for our values and special culture that we're famous for across the industry. In terms of experience, we're looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in PR and external communications campaign activity
- Your own media contacts and confidence in pitching and selling stories to the media over the phone and via email
- A strong copywriter
- A self-starter and self-focused, pro-active and able to deliver results
- Demonstrable experience in media monitoring and reporting
- Strong digital knowledge with proven experience working within a digitally driven business
- Great knowledge of social media channels and wider marketing communications activities, with an in-depth understanding of how PR and external communications activity supports the overarching marketing sales and strategy
- Ready to take on more responsibility across the PR and communications mix, and will relish becoming part of one of the most vibrant and successful travel companies in the UK
- A degree or equivalent qualification with proven, strong experience in the PR field, either from an agency or in-house background
Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that's what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We've been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super-talented people in our support offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that bring them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace - as well as towards customers - has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate - on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over 800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team.