Gleeson are delighted to be partnering with our client, a reputable organisation in Birmingham, who are looking for a PR & Communications Manager to join their team. This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone with a strong background within B2C public relations.
As PR and Communications Manager, you will help deliver against the company's core objective to enhance the profile and reputation of the region, with a focus on driving inbound tourism in order to strengthen the visitor economy.
The primary focus for this role will be to develop and deliver a B2C communications strategy to raise awareness surrounding the West Midlands leisure/business tourism offer, supporting communications objectives.
"What would I be responsible for in this role?"
- Developing fresh and compelling B2C focused opinion-editorials, press releases, quotes, thought leadership and speeches.
- Developing a PR and Communications plan to promote the West Midlands' sporting events offering.
- Working closely with the company's shareholders, commercial partners and wider stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities to promote the West Midlands' region-wide leisure product.
- Leading on the management of the company's B2C PR agency to deliver a comprehensive global programme of media relations, including budget and project management.
- Overseeing the PR Executive in delivering media visits through itinerary building in conjunction with commercial partners.
- Support the Corporate Communications Manager with visitor economy messaging, ensuring accurate corporate alignment that extends to the West Midlands Tourism and Hospitality Advisory Board.
- Lead crisis and reactive communications in response to negative news stories or reports relating to the region's tourism focused economic strategy.
- Operate flexibly to support overarching communications objectives, including supporting across B2B activity if required.
"What experience is your client looking for?"
- Experience within a similar PR focused role.
- Experience of pitching to national and international press.
- Understanding of delivering communications to promote a destination.
- Delivery of B2B communications for stakeholders and partner audiences.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team.
For more information on this role, please get in touch with Steve Smaylen on (phone number removed) or via email ().