Lumin lets people take control of their home energy.
How? We believe that buildings of the future will be acting as independent microgrids interacting with each other and the larger grid. To achieve this vision we have built the most affordable and flexible energy management platform and coupled it with the software empowered by the largest, and ever-growing, energy dataset.
At Lumin, you will find yourself at the cutting edge of the distributed energy industry with products at the intersection of hardware and software, contributing to the decarbonization of the world.
Everyone on our team is passionate about what we do! Does this sound like you?
- Working, with purpose, to make our society more energy efficient
- Enjoys being part of a rapidly growing team, and seeing how all parts of the business work
- Is excited to develop a team of like-minded individuals
Lumin is looking for a media-savvy Public Relations and Communications Manager with strong writing skills and a keen ear for interesting narratives, who can communicate with a wide variety of internal and external audiences easily and clearly. In this role, you will evangelize the strength of Lumin's portfolio of products, build awareness of our business by working with our internal team and our PR agency to secure top-tier press hits, help manage our social media engine, work with customers to help tell their success stories, and develop overall brand and communications strategy. You'll be responsible for:
What you bring to the table:
- Developing strategy and an executive plan for a wide range of launches, announcements, and major product communications for Lumin products and company objectives.
- Execute all aspects of media relations, including proactive outreach, and develop relationships with top-tier press, bloggers, and influencers to secure high-level placements in target media.
- Research, write, and edit content for press releases, byline articles, keynote presentations, marketing campaigns, business quarterly updates, and blog posts, working closely with internal stakeholders to articulate messaging, identifying multimedia assets, and securing all necessary internal approvals.
- Lead speaking and awards programs, including identifying high-impact opportunities and developing winning submissions
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for Lumin's PR agency, supporting their success and collaborating on projects.
- Conduct landscape and social listening research, and source ideas from subject matter experts to craft the content and place in earned media.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to create and execute plans that build Lumin's brand.
- Directly handle the PR response to 'crisis' situations.
- Review & negotiate vendor services agreements & sponsorship contracts to ensure Lumin receives the maximum value.
- Assist with the management of corporate social media channels, as well as those for select members of the leadership team.
- Strong media relationships with top-tier and clean energy press are required.
- 3-5 years of previous working experience as a Public Relations or Communications manager with at least 2 years in the clean energy sector required.
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, or journalism is required. A post-graduate degree is preferred.
- Previous experience working with Influencers is preferred.
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Understand and apply best-in-class PR, influencer, and social practices (and platform capabilities) to our external brand campaigns
- A demonstrated ability to understand the complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills with a proven track record of creating compelling content.
- The ability to lead projects from ideation through deployment, including providing direction, identifying schedules, determining the scope, and coordinating resources.
- An adaptable and highly motivated self-starter with a curious mind and passion for clean energy and Lumin's mission.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the confidence to serve as the company's spokesperson
- Experience working directly with executives and supporting executive communications programs.
On-site or remote candidates are welcome!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $93,000-$127,000 + equity + benefits. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands, and years of experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Why join our team?
Lumin offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time, regular staff. Lumin fosters a healthy work/life balance by providing a flexible work environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with Traditional and Roth options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, with a recommended three-week minimum
- Additional 12 weeks of paid time off for parental or medical leave
- Annual Tuition/Professional Development Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Lumin covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of all dependent premium costs
- Company-paid Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Lumin Smart Panel for your home
- $300 annually toward tax preparation services
- Company equity incentive program
- Fun, interactive, and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
We do ask that you apply with either your resume or your LinkedIn Profile! A cover letter is not required but is highly recommended!
Lumin is an equal opportunity employer.
United by our passion and empowered by our differences, Lumin is building a platform to accelerate the world's adoption of clean energy. We strive to provide a safe environment, where all of the people working to fulfill our mission are equally welcomed, accepted, and celebrated. We will continuously work to engage all of the communities we serve because the future of renewable energy must be inclusive of everyone. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the employment visas at this time.