Have a passion for Non-Profit work? Looking to contribute to a mission with meaning and purpose?
If you answered "Yes!" to the questions above, then YOU are exactly the person we have been looking for to join our growing team! The mission of the Children's Attention Home is to provide nurturing care and life-changing services for youth and families in need. Every person on our 60+ member team has an important role that leaves a lasting impact on the lives of those we serve.
As a provider of residential services to children who have experienced situations of abuse, neglect, or homelessness, we must take the utmost care when reviewing candidates. Hiring policies are taken directly from the state and federal standards under which we operate. All candidates must agree to a SC Central Registry Check, SLED check, and fingerprinting. Position Summary and Purpose:
The Marketing Specialist (MS) reports to the Director of Development & Marketing (DDM) and is responsible for implementing and coordinating efforts to elevate the visibility of CAH. Working under the direction of the DDM, the MS executes and assists with organizational efforts related to marketing and communications to reach organizational revenue and community engagement goals. The MS serves as an agency representative as needed, under the guidance and direction of the DDM, and maintains a flexible schedule to ensure availability to participate in a variety of activities and events. Marketing & Communications:
- In partnership with DDM, coordinates and executes content marketing plan across all channels (website, social media, direct mail, events, traditional media, etc.).
- Assists in gathering and creation of content for various projects and regular updates.
- Develops marketing materials as needed for programs and services.
- Coordinates and executes social media marketing efforts, website updates, and email marketing efforts.
- Drafts media alerts and releases.
- Manages CAH marketing and development supply inventory of printed materials and digital assets.
- Serves as a representative of the Home for various community groups and events.
- Provides administrative support for the ambassador team, including scheduling and recording team activity.
- Coordinates with CAH marketing partners on various projects.
- Coordinates community outreach and awareness initiatives, such as Child Abuse Prevention Month, Foster Care Awareness Month, Youth Homelessness Awareness Month, etc.
- Provides marketing support for fundraising campaigns and activities, including special events, in cooperation with the development team.
- Collaborates organization-wide with teammates and volunteers in development and marketing efforts.
- Coordinates with area leaders to promote organizational needs.
- Coordinates and manages area-specific volunteers with the opportunity to manage interns.
- Evaluates and reports effectiveness of marketing and communications activities and prepares recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement and data-driven decision-making processes to evaluate current programs and recommend improvements. Ensure adherence to data collection requirements.
- Maintains productive functions that are producing high level results as well as implement new marketing techniques in response to a changing environment.
- Participate in online training, webinars, and when possible, attend seminars to keep abreast of industry and system best practices and enhancements.
- Provides support and completes other duties as assigned by DDM.
Education and Training:
- Communicate well with fellow employees and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to utilize those skills on a daily basis to connect with internal clients, external clients, and employees in a timely manner.
- Ability to independently manage workload, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure and adjust to change.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong character and a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization when working with employees.
- Self-motivated and able to operate with little supervision while working under pressure with tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Demonstrate maturity in decision-making and initiative all while being a team player and collaborator.
- Work well under pressure with tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent management of multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Present self in professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
- Analysis skills - ability to review a problem and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of job and company procedures.
- Interpersonal skills -listen to others, work well in a team environment.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Adaptability - adapt to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and ability to handle frequent changes.
- Dependability - consistently at work on time, follow instructions, respond to manager's instructions.
- Strong computer skills - including some Microsoft Office software programs and industry specific computer software.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree with focus of communications, marketing, or business preferred.
- Computer skills with MS Office Software is required.
- Experience with website editing, graphic design, social media management, volunteer management, and/or event planning and management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Bloomerang or donor database management, digital donation tools, Canva, Office 365, social media channels, HTML or web development is preferred.
- Portfolio of relevant and recent projects may be requested.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including a computer, telephone, etc. Must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves walking or standing for periods of time. Must be physically able to operate a variety of office equipment including a computer, telephone, etc.