Planet Recruitment are delighted to once again be working with a well-established client based in Oxford. Due to continued growth are now seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager, who is looking for their next challenge to join their busy team.
This is a unique career opportunity for an individual with the talent, vision, and energy to take responsibility for organising, planning, directing, analysing, and monitoring marketing campaigns for a small global business.
You will be a member of the senior management team leading the development and implementation of our marketing and communication plans to support our business growth strategy working closely with the Sales Manager to ensure our clients marketing and sales plans are fully aligned.
Role - Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary - 35,000 - 40,000
Hours - 37.5
Location - Oxford
Benefits for a Marketing and Communications Manager:
- Subject to company and personal performance, a discretionary annual bonus is payable after the first 12 months' employment.
- 25 days holiday and statutory bank holidays (8 at present), plus an additional day for every two years of employment (up to 30 days)
- Early Friday closure
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly socials and Christmas part
Responsibilities of the Marketing and Communications Manager:
- Creating, developing, and executing digital marketing & communication plans to enable the business to deliver against its annual sales targets, maintain its current high level of renewals, and grow awareness of the subscription service to each of our global markets.
- Creating engaging and effective marketing campaigns that drive quality leads for the sales team.
- Writing engaging copy for promotional emails, new product launches, e-newsletters, for each of our sectors by researching the products for great story lines and where possible for schools, linking them to the curriculum
- Creating social media content.
- Commissioning as well as writing your own blogs on themes to raise awareness of, for instance, importance of information, digital and media literacies.
- Managing search engine optimisation, such as keyword research and backlinking to attract more visitors to our website.
- Managing development of the website with our external web developer.
- Designing digital marketing collateral and product support material.
- Monitoring, analysing, and reporting on progress of marketing campaigns against sales data to inform new marketing approaches and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the marketing representatives at each of our publisher partners.
- Build relationships with relevant organisations and associations for new promotional opportunities.
- Manage, support and mentor our Marketing Executive
- Keep up to date with latest market and sector developments.
Requirements of the Marketing and Communications Manager:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience or equivalent in a similar role and preferably in B2B sales and marketing and/or in publishing
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful digital marketing communications strategies and campaigns.
- Experience of and skilled at:
- Using a wide range of digital marketing tools and software as well as social media platforms.
- Digital marketing, social media strategies and use of mailer systems
- Updating websites using WordPress
- Client relationship management
- Confident user of MS Excel for managing large amounts of contact data for mailer campaigns Solid knowledge of web analytics and digital advertising
- Strong people management skills with experience in supporting, training and guiding team members.
- Strong team player, collaborator, and communicator
- A problem solver to achieve success and positive outcomes.
- An ideas person with analytical skills to research and evaluate information needed for building new strategies and executing new approaches.
- Excellent writing skills for both long and short copy and ability to write for different audiences.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.