DNA Recruit are working with a unique and fast growing agency who are looking for a Managing Director UK whose pivotal and high profile role will be critical in their next growth phase. This is exiting so please read on ………
Who is the client?
DNA Recruit's client are one of the world's fastest growing agencies in the UK, who have ambitious targets, and a unique business model. They specialise in building bespoke dedicated agencies for their clients, and work with some of the world's leading businesses to remodel and re-engineer the delivery of their marketing communications through design, build and run digital content solutions for campaigns, social, e-commerce, retail POS, internal marketing and CRM, better, faster and cheaper than their competitors.
DNA Recruit's client are now re-engineering their senior leadership team in preparation for their next growth and development phase. The role is therefore critical and they are looking for their next Managing Director who can do their career best work and take on the challenging role within their unique and successful business.
As Managing Director, you will be responsible for the performance of all the agency's UK centric clients, their health, growth and also retention. Working closing with and in partnership with the Group MD of their network, as well as the UK Group Operations Director and UK Finance Director, who together will set the business plan and bring together the UK SLT. The Managing Director must be a strong practitioner, CMO/CEO level relationship builder and strategic advisor, and who clients wants at the top table to drive growth for their clients and for the agency. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the organisational structure and staff is fit for purpose and be proactive in this space
- Integrate with and collaborate with other UK group businesses
- Deliver a plan (and execute it) to ensure growth targets are met or ideally exceeded as well as find and deliver organic growth opportunities within client base
- Lead selected new business pitches to demonstrate how it is done
- Actively management the P&L to ensure all targets are hit or exceeded and to read the data and take decisions quickly that protect the P&L
- Make the necessary cost and overhead decisions
- Embrace off shoring and tech solutions - lead in this space
- Retain all clients
- Ensure teams are highly motivated
- The ability to inspire, to delegate, to direct and ensure it happens
- Drive strategic and creative solutions products and services
- Develop relationships with senior clients and add value to them and us
Is it you?
The Managing Director must come with 10 years + experience and already a senior leader in their organisation and proven senior leader in other leadership roles. They must have full demonstrable marketing mix experience and understanding, preferably with an agency background, who is from a performance, media, data or consultancy. You must be able to demonstrate a history of very strong client relationship development and growth and the ability to sit at top table and influence outcomes which result in growth. Other experience and skills include:
- A strong, demonstrable, strategic ability
- A collaborator who can establish connections across a broad range of team members, partners and stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal skills to inspire and influence
- Can close a deal from a sales perspective.
- A storyteller with excellent presentation skills, able to show see how the agency's capabilities create a cohesive whole that meets the needs of it's clients and their business.
- Ability to create a sense of shared purpose and motivation among the most senior leadership.
- Comfortable with a very dynamic and commercially led environment
- Highly responsive and organised to meet day to day demands while also focused on delivering the plan
- Ability to be very open learning and growth, to acquire new skills and possibly unlearn what they have always believed to be the right way to run an agency!
Salary: Up to £350K plus bonus and benefits
Shortlisting has begun, and if you would like to join that list, then we urge you to send us your CV via the link, by clicking "apply". Ali can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered
- Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter