We are now looking for a proactive Junior Social Media Manager to join our exciting Advertising & Marketing Department here at Lidl. The role is responsible for the planning and managing of our 'always on' social media campaigns across content and paid media. You will also support on other campaigns,ad hoc projects and day-to-day community management for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Junior Social Media Manager will liaise closely with internal stakeholders, our media and social media agency to build out the plans and will be responsible for the management of social media campaigns and content.
What you'll do
- Responsible for Lidl GB's 'always on' social media campaigns
- Deliver professional and engaging social media content in conjunction with our in-house Digital Animation Artworker and our social media agency to drive interactions, positive share of voice and leverage consumer engagement opportunities online
- Responsible for Lidl GB's monthly social media content plans, including keeping them up to date, detailing amends and distributing to key internal stakeholders and our agencies
- Work with media agencies and wider media team to define, review and approve monthly media plans for social media channels
- Support and implement Lidl GB's social media community strategy, working closely with our agency and internal stakeholders to ensure our community management is brand safe
- Manage Lidl GB's influencer and advocacy outreach programmes working closely with our social media agency to execute them
- Provide ongoing social media moderation alongside the Communications team, escalating and resolving issues when necessary
- Assist in managing budgets and invoicing processes
- Provide continuous social media reporting and provide suitable rational where necessary to internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need
- Experience working within social media marketing either in agency or in-house is essential
- Confident on how social advertising works on different platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Able to demonstrate impact on business results through effective Social Media activity
- Previous experience managing media/creative agencies is highly beneficial
- Confident analysing campaign and social listening data, identifying insight and presenting recommendations to stakeholders
- Comfortable collaborating within cross-functional environments to deliver campaigns and projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a genuine passion for the brand Lidl
- Strong and confident communicator - both written and verbal
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Positive can-do attitude with the willingness to learn
- German language skills beneficial, but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £28,000 to £34,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We're making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We're expecting to move in before the end of the year and we can't wait for you join Lidl!
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.