As the Global Public Relations Director you will be responsible for defining the global company Public Relations strategy and for delivering external communication activities through media relations highlighting the company's brand and reputation, its product portfolio and technology roadmaps, and spokespeople as subject matter experts.
Aligned with the Garrett and business vision and strategic direction you, as a member of communication leadership, will work with company leadership and business stakeholders to develop and execute the global and local media relation strategies including: brand reputation, thought leadership positioning, new product and technology launches, events and trade shows. You will be responsible for deploying a metric-driven approach that evaluates the return on investment of our PR spend, while strategically investing to support our growth markets and segments.
- Develop on-going media relations activities promoting the company and product brand awareness, Corporate Social Responsibility activities, technology portfolio and road maps and related initiatives supporting growth initiatives
- Manage global, regional and local PR agency resources and assignments in association with company interests and objectives
- Act as the corporate spokesperson for media inquiries
- Develop Garrett media tool kits and maintain the company website PR section
- Draft and edit external company communications including press releases, presentations, correspondence, talking points, scripts and social media posts
- Organize and lead the execution of day-to-day media interviews with appropriate subject matter experts within the company as well as lead press conferences and other media engagements at trade events with agency resources when needed
- Develop appropriate third-party relationships with Garrett customers, media, vendors and suppliers to create effective communication opportunities.
- Collaborate with global Communications function to help support Marcom, Internal Financial and Corporate Communications efforts
- Develop and implement media trainings and create a global network of Garrett spokespersons
- Leverage modern digital communication channels in addition of traditional media relations and public relations activities
- Create the media calendar of activities and provide monitoring and metrics to measure communications effectiveness
- Must have global experience
- Proven track record in public relations with experience in external communications and marcom ideally in automotive industry
- Experience in managing a global PR plan and in managing agencies across multiple regions
- Cultural understanding of working across key media markets and managing agency resources to account for multiple languages and styles of operation
- Experience with AP Style writing standards and ability to communicate effectively in English
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with both internal and external audiences
- Hands on approach and ability to take ownership
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry's most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly.
The Garrett Communications team has the responsibility to protect and develop the Garrett brand reputation, awareness and mind share. The team supports the company's revenue and profitability generation through strategic communication activities, competitive differentiation and superior stakeholder experience.