Jewish Family & Children's Service seeks a creative and results-oriented leader to run the JF&CS marketing and communication program. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this role is responsible for building awareness and support for JF&CS's wide range of human service programs to drive philanthropy, fee-based revenue, client impact, and community support.
The Director will provide leadership and direction to a small team, while also being a key hands-on contributor. The successful candidate will be a masterful communicator, a pragmatic and resourceful problem-solver, and a skilled collaborator. They should have broad marketing knowledge with multi-channel expertise, experience promoting diverse service lines, and a passion for JF&CS's human service mission.
With over $25 million in revenue, 40 programs, and 14,000 clients, JF&CS is a complex, dynamic and much-beloved agency. This highly visible position offers a unique combination of marketing challenge, social impact, and supportive environment.
- Collaborate with Chief Advancement Officer on strategy and planning for all marketing and communications efforts including print and digital content, website, email marketing, public relations, newsletters, social media, collateral, advertising and overall brand management.
- Support the communications needs of the Development team, including creating appeals, annual reports, event invitations and ongoing communications.
- Serve as a content strategist, writer, and editor.
- Oversee marketing automation and database strategy and implementation, including list procurement and management.
- Manage a small staff (1 FTE and contractors); oversee daily activities, and promote a culture of entrepreneurship, high performance, and collaboration.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to stay current on our wide range of programs and infuse an awareness of marketing and messaging in all our work.
- Define, support and improve marketing and communications processes to streamline planning and collaboration.
- Measure, track and analyze marketing results to inform effective decision making.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in managing marketing and communications to advance an organization's mission and goals, including experience in complex organizations with multiple services or products.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities, including digital and print communications, websites, social media, and public relations.
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, and content planning skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills - able to work proactively and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong listening and speaking skills.
- Experience or interest in mentoring and guiding a team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Interest in and commitment to JF&CS's human service mission.
- Experience with conceptualizing and implementing events a plus, not a requirement.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.