Tremendous opportunity for passionate, experienced marketing professional with marketing, digital marketing, social media, community outreach and community affairs experience to manage high performing team. This opportunity is currently remote, offices are in Los Angeles, local candidate (in Southern California) preferred.
Responsible for the strategic planning, creation, development and implementation of all digital and traditional marketing and communications efforts. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, candidate will oversee the efforts to strengthen and align brand throughout the organization in support of key agency wide priorities, implement digital and traditional marketing research goals, and generate awareness of the agency's work and community impact throughout greater Los Angeles and California.
- Creates, implements, and manages digital communications, multi-media and social media to promote outreach and fundraising campaigns, the impact of work in our community, involvement/engagement opportunities with community members and other agency priorities as determined throughout the year.
- Build, monitor and develop reports for digital and traditional marketing budgets, costs and forecasts.
- Creates and implements innovative and compelling integrated marketing strategies and solutions that build and reinforce the brand.
- Develops and implements crisis communications strategy and action plans.
- Hire, train mentor and lead a comprehensive, full-service and results-driven marketing team, including: assigning workloads, setting schedules and deadlines, communicating clear goals and impact measurements; counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides strategic direction, copy content and production oversight for the design, creation and distribution of all materials, as well as provide marketing oversight for major events serving multiple target audiences.
- Collaborates and strategizes with Development and Technology Departments to leverage the agency's CRM platform to provide key data analytics as part of an overall communications and community engagement strategy.
- Oversees the cultivation of media interest, the maintenance of ongoing relations with target media, and the rapid response to media requests.
- Builds collaborative relationships with all staff, volunteer leadership, affiliated agencies and support groups.
- Develops, engages, recruits and schedules clients and stakeholders to participate in speaking opportunities and online content throughout the year.
- Oversees the creation, development, and production of any regional advertising campaigns and paid media campaigns by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops, presents and monitors the Marketing & Communications Department budget and goals to ensure efficiency, and a clear ROI and impact towards strategic, programmatic and fundraising targets.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This job supervises 3-5 staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years of managerial, supervisory experience.
· 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, publishing and/or media relations, gained in senior level positions of increasing responsibility and scope at organizations of significant complexity. Demonstrated experience in graphic arts, social media, social media analytics, creating digital and traditional marketing plans and successful digital and traditional marketing and public relations collateral. Demonstrated experience in using social media analytics, market research and data analytics to strategize messaging over multiple channels, including video, electronic media and print.
· Bilingual preferred
· Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration, or related field from a four-year university required.
· Master's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration, or related field preferred.
· Demonstrated deep knowledge and expertise partnering with communities, passion for making an impact and ability to build collaborative relationships with internal teams based upon trust and confidence.
· A results-oriented leader who can translate business and operations plans into marketing and communications strategies in complex landscape.
· Provide demonstrated results from the application of market research and data analytics and an ability to strategize messaging over multiple channels, including video, electronics and print.
· Is a trusted collaborator who can serve the needs of internal stakeholders, effectively setting goals and providing oversight for the management of projects and expectations.
· Is a strong problem solver with the ability to step into an unfamiliar situation and add immediate value.
· Ability to work effectively in a high-need urban environment, with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds. Character and substance; a person with the highest ethical and professional standards.
· Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance.
· This position may require some travel.
· Ability to work without supervision.
· Ability to handle confidential information.
· Maintains patient privacy, including protecting the confidentiality, safeguarding the integrity and availability, and limiting the use and disclosure of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) to authorized individuals and entities.
· Participates in, conducts, and sustains performance quality improvement activities according to designated role and responsibilities.
· Sensitivity to service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Punctual and dependable attendance.
· Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
· Understands basic philosophy and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
- Must have advanced knowledge proficiency of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel, and E-mail.