Title: Digital Services Director - Creative Agency
Location:Surrey (Flex) Salary: £60k Level: Senior.
Our client is an Events Agency who create outstanding live brand experiences. Their work includes experiential marketing campaigns, product launches, conferences, incentive programmes, exhibitions, VIP experiences, store launches, hospitality programmes, digital campaigns, brand films, internal communications programmes and much more!
They are seeking a Production Manager with extensive experience of managing large scale events and conference. This role will work in collaboration with the wider business on global events and working on productions for our world-class blue-chip clients.
Working closely with a talented team, you will be responsible for specifying and ensuring both pre-event and on-site, the correct staging, audio-visual, seating, and space requirements are in place to deliver a flawless production and an exceptional show within budget.
We're looking for an experienced Digital Services Director to join the teams in our client's busy agency.
The role is responsible for leading all digital services within the agency across key areas of Digital solutions strategy, digital (tools, systems) delivery, digital marketing initiatives and digital thought leadership. The role is commercially rigorous and focuses on close collaboration with Heads of Department within the UK business and with our US team; fulfilling the company mission of providing clients with a passionate, committed, and talented agency team, working in partnership to create and deliver meaningful brand experiences.
Your primary responsibility is to evolve the digital client offering and internal capability of the agency.
By nurturing and leading a team of subject matter experts, they will strive for excellence in all areas of event technology and digital experiences.
- Incorporate relevant digital technology into every solution where applicable.
- Leverage existing network of suppliers across the digital channel and continue to evolve this, enabling us to provide best in class creative and strategic digital solutions to enhance the customer and partner experience journey
- With a diverse knowledge of event technology and 'best-in-class' user experience concepts, actively drive the growth of the digital services we provide for our clients and internal stakeholders, either through existing skillsets such as registration, platform management and UX/custom developments, or through innovative attendee experiences and process optimisation.
- Implement and monitor commercial controls to set/improve digital efficiencies and performance.
- Analyse digital work against quality & pricing parameters.
- Working closely with all departments to drive internal excellence through thought leadership, digital solutions, and relationships.
- Evolve & improve inbound/outbound marketing initiatives through all digital channels; managing resource to deliver.
- Collaborate with the Strategy Department to encourage R&D on new or existing projects, enabling opportunities to test and measure new technologies and offer enhanced benefits to users and clients.
- Run internal (departmental and organisational) training and workshop sessions on specific tools and platforms where required, empowering others in the business to become more 'digitally aware' when having conversations with clients and proposing new ideas and attendee experiences.
- Set up relationships and channels to ensure the US team benefits from all knowledge sharing and education; and work directly with them on identified client opportunities.
- Ensure hybrid, virtual and in-person event with digital activations are delivered with excellence from idea conception, planning and build, through to delivery and implementation. Foster a fair, critical assessment and discussion of each event delivery to ensure processes and tools are always right for the project, and enhancements are continuously made where appropriate.
- Nurture and grow a global network of freelancers and expertise, enabling us to deploy teams of varying digital skillsets in the US, EMEA and APAC as required.
- Drive robust documentation and top-tier delivery in every digital discipline, ensuring that all projects adopt a clear brief, build, testing and deployment framework, to improve continuity.
- Research and curate a specialised set of tried and tested event technologies in both software and hardware, ensuring that we are continually recommending and utilising the correct toolset for the desired experience.
- Manage departmental resourcing and budgets.
- Strong experience in event technology, specifically off-the-shelf event platform products such as Cvent, RainFocus, Aventri, and mobile Apps.
- Demonstrate a well-connected supply chain in digital channels to further evolve solution architecture and drive innovation in digital strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem a bonus (e.g Teams, Sharepoint, Dynamics, PowerBI, PowerAutomate and how they are interlinked)
- Experience/knowledge of the tools and architecture required in building the digital or hybrid 'venue'
- Understanding of custom build process and web development fundamentals, i.e UX design, frontend vs backend languages, to enable you to articulate to clients and estimate time to deliver.
- Strong experience in UAT and ability to consistently implement structured build, test, deploy, document frameworks.
- Ability to distil complex technology concepts into easy-to-understand language for internal and external teams.
- Experience managing and resourcing teams.
- Experience managing project and departmental budgets.
Please contact us right away, as this is a highly competitive role.
This position would suit: Digital Services Director, Head of Digital, Head of Technology, Event Technology Director, Director of Event Technology, Director Digital, Digital Director, Digital Services Manager, Head of Digital Solutions, Digital Solutions Director.