£25,032 - £27,813 (pro-rata of £41,720-£46,356)21 hours per weekLondon Bridge office, London, UK (hybrid role)
At YoungMinds, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Our values are therefore fundamental to who we are. Our values drive everything we do - the decisions we make, the actions we take, the partners we choose and the way we treat each other. It is our statement to the world about what matters to us, but just as importantly, how we hold ourselves accountable for our own behaviour.
'We're not afraid to speak up for what's right.'
'Kindness is our strength.'
'We celebrate what makes you, you.'
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you'll work closely alongside the Social Media Manager and Brand and Marketing Manager as a team. You will work closely with your Digital Communications Manager counterpart.
Job purpose:To lead the development of YoungMinds' website and digital content in support of our strategic objectives.
The role will lead the ongoing development of our website, including content, design, UX, SEO and working with our digital agency on technical development. The role takes a particular lead on our Never Alone programme, to get support and information to young people through our digital channels, developing our digital service model, as well as our content, to help more young people. This is a job share role, where you will work collaboratively with your counterpart in this job share, maintaining strong communication and project management between you to ensure strategic objectives are met. Your counterpart will focus on:
- Leading the content strategy for our website, ensuring the team produce dynamic, visually engaging, beautifully written content that is accurate, relevant and on-brand.
- Overseeing our blogging strategy and the Writers Programme (led by Senior Digital Content Officer), ensuring the blog content covers a variety of topics that support the Never Alone programme, and reaches a diverse range of young people.
- Acting as content lead for our Never Alone strategic programme, overseeing content development for young people that is engaging, practical, reassuring and led by the insights and ideas of young people.
- Overseeing development of content and campaigns that specifically engage Black and Minoritised groups, led by the Senior Inclusive Digital Campaigns Officer.
You will provide direct line management support for the Senior Website Development Officer, helping them to perform to their maximum potential and to develop their skills and experiences. You will also deputise on the days that your counterpart is absent and support the other Senior Officers in the team where needed.
The role will ensure that across all of this work, young people are active partners, providing insights to drive content and co creating with us wherever this will add value.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Act as strategic lead for the YoungMinds website, ensuring that through its content, navigation, functionality and design it continues to provide the best user experience for our three core audiences: young people, parents and professionals, and supports our strategic aims.
- Work with the Senior Website Development Officer, and alongside digital agencies, to deliver improvements to UX, design, SEO and website accessibility.
- Work closely with the Youth Social Action Programmes Manager and their team to ensure that all content aimed at young people has the appropriate level of input from young people (usually that it is co-produced).
- Working with relevant colleagues, explore and introduce new digital technologies, products and approaches that could enhance delivery of our strategy.
- Working with the Social Media Manager, lead the development and delivery of multi-channel Never Alone campaigns to increase the reach of our support, advice and information to young people.
- Organise and conduct training for writing for web and using the Content Management System so that Digital Reps (relevant staff across the charity) can upload and manage high quality content to the website.
- Alongside our Evidence and Innovation Manager, design key performance indicators (KPIs) and creatively discover ways to measure the impact of our digital offer.
- Work with your team to provide monthly, quarterly and as required, management and key performance indicator (KPI) reports for the Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Trustees, and produce a comprehensive web report for all staff.
- Represent the website at internal and external meetings and be its champion throughout YoungMinds and externally
- Any other reasonable duties as specified by your line manager or members of the executive team to support the work of the charity, compatible with the nature and grade of this post.
Experience & Skills
- Developing websites and user journeys to meet strategic objectives, using analytics software and creative problem solving to enhance UX.
- Using creative techniques and co-production with users to lead the ongoing development of websites and/or digital products.
- Proven line manager experience
- Designing and reporting against KPIs in order to measure the impact of a website or digital product.
- Write and edit clear, creative and effective web copy for different audiences - including young people seeking support for their mental health.
- Work alongside young people to design the most accessible and impactful user journeys.
- Lead digital projects and campaigns with significant reach and impact, working across teams to coordinate delivery.
Knowledge & Understanding
- YoungMinds' mission and purpose and the issues young people face with their mental health.
- How to use Google Analytics and other web/user performance tools to analyse website performance.
- How to improve a website's SEO.
- Trends and innovations in digital communications in the charity sector and beyond.
- How to use and manage a content management system.
- User journeys, information architecture and user research methodologies.