Content & Social Media Marketing Executive
Southampton (Hybrid - 2 days a week in the office)
24,000 - 30,000 + Benefits:
Content & Social Media Marketing Executive - Our client is a well-established digital marketing agency employing circa 100 employees across three offices across the south coast. As an established leader within their niche the business offer a broad range of digital / technology services from eCommerce, web design, SaaS, SEO services to an impressive portfolio of clients across the UK.
Due to organic year-on-year growth, our client is looking for an experienced Content & Social Media Marketing Executive to join our clients established collaborative Marketing Team tasked with writing engaging web and social media content for our clients customers.
What will I be doing?
- As an experienced Content & Social Media Marketing Executive you will be working within a collaborative digital marketing tasked with developing and implementing content strategies for clients.
- Researching topics, Performing keyword and trend research to steer your written content.
- Writing creative, engaging copy that works towards client goals, Proofread and edit content,
- Maintain and optimise website content to improve key performance indicators.
- Competitor Analysis - Research and analyse client competitors, identifying improvement opportunities.
- Be proactive to spot opportunities and make recommendations to improve existing website content.
- Monitor, report and analyse relevant website analytics, and report back to the client on a regular basis.
- Manage client relationships, with strong communication in regard to project briefs, ideas and feedback.
- Stay on top of social media trends, developments, and platform updates.
- Researching trending topics, calendar events, and social media algorithm updates.
- Strategically planning social media content and working with the internal production team to create original content for a variety of clients.
- Designing and creating graphics to share on social media channels. This requires creativity and a strong eye for design.
- Creating reels and stories, whilst co-ordinating collaboration campaigns with influencers/brands and engaging with social media communities.
- Writing captions for social media posts, scheduling content to share with clients for review/approval.
- Monitoring all social media performance, reporting on key metrics and identifying opportunities for optimisation.
- Marketing Degree educated or relevant experience
- 3+ years commercial experience in Content & Social Media Marketing
- Experience of Content writing - promotional and supplementary content.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, able to proof-read, edit and approve copy.
- Able to understand and adapt tone-of-voice in written work to suit different brand personas.
- Experience of writing SEO-optimised copy for websites.
- Knowledge and Experience using CMS platforms such as Shopify, WordPress and Joomla.
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve client KPIs and goals.
- Able to identify issues and suggests on how to improve on content and social media performance.
- Experience of using graphic design tools for Social Media tools Photoshop or Canva.
- Strong organisation skills, able to meet tight deadlines and work simultaneously on multiple projects.
Desirable - not essential:
- Tender and contract writing experience
- Knowledge of on-page SEO.
- Previous experience working within an agency.
As the successful applicant you will receive a competitive salary, paid holiday, company pension
The business has quarterly team nights out and an annual trip outside the UK!
Casual dress code
Break out room when in the office - Games room and Pool Table
Career development opportunities
Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks