- Communications Specialist- Media Relations - PR- Press Officer, Journalist -Interim Communications
- West Yorkshire- Hybrid
- Day Rate
A fantastic organisation for a not for profit organisation
As a Media Relations & Communications Specialist you will be involved in a broad range of activities. You will be able to be creative and have a passion for PR.
- This is a great opportunity to develop and to have exposure to a wider variety of audiences and stakeholder.
- You will help to drive communications and PR, employing a blend of traditional tools and channels alongside digital, social media and other available routes to reach both internal and external audiences.
- You will manage the communications and PR in response to issues, incidents or crisis situations.
- You will be involved in preparing press releases and statements; drafting project briefs and communication plans; developing content for print and digital channels for a full range of audiences; copy writing; editing; proofing; managing photography and film shoots; and editing photography and film footage.
- Develop and sustain news gathering ethos and strong awareness of upcoming national agendas and pro-actively identify media opportunities so that the University can be well positioned to comment on current issues
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels is vital.
As a Press / Media Relations and Communications Specialist, you would have a strong track record in dealing with both proactive and reactive press.
- You will have 3+ year's experience working in a communications, PR or journalist role including dealing with media (online and broadcast)
- Experience of managing internal and external PR around potential issues/ crisis situations (including media
- Experience of developing and delivering complex, multi-channel communications plans
- Experience of using a range of communications platforms, tools and technologies including email and e-newsletters; all forms of social media; and websites (using content management systems)
- Experience of working on communications campaigns in raising the profile of the organisation
My client is open on background, but you must be creative, have a passion for media/ PR and have a good eye for a story as well as being able to manage large complex stakeholders.
If you have worked within a broad communication, PR or media role then please make contact ASAP.
Open to consider news editors, journalist, communications, PR or Media Relations Specialists. If you have worked for a PR Marketing Agency and have these skills and want to move client side, then please do make contact
Competitive day rate
Communications Manager, Media Relations Manager, PR Manager, Press Officer, Media Executive, Public Relations, External Affairs, Communications Officer, Crisis Comms, Journalist, New Editor, New Reporter, PR Manager Not for Profit, NHS