Associate Structural Engineer, Glasgow Your new companyThis industry-leading, multidisciplinary consultancy are at the forefront of innovation and are one of the most highly regarded organisations within their industry. Due to an increased workload and internal promotions, they are looking to acquire an Associate or an Associate Director to lead the highways team in Glasgow. They have recently moved into a brand new office and are attending it 1/2 times a week with an extremely flexible working environment. Their Glasgow office provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutionsacross a wide range of sectors. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery weare playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects.Your new roleYou will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery ofdesign projects from concept to detailed design and completion of construction and you will be responsiblefor the technical direction of our client's projects. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are agiven as the role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industrystakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactivemanagement of client demands - providing leadership from both a technical delivery and peoplemanagement perspective. This key appointment offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience andproblem-solving skills to lead and develop a major part in the development of our business.Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities, lead and support business development and work winning / bidding activities.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients.
- Technical responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
- Review calculations, drawings, specifications and act as SER Certifier on projects.
- Project Management and Design Management of our consultancy services, delivering projects to time and to budget. Management and technical development of our capabilities and individual Engineers
- Client and stakeholder interface.
- Co-ordination and management of other discipline inputs into projects.
- Development and growth of the structural engineering team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree-qualified Civil / Structural Engineer.
- Chartered (CEng) Civil/Structural Engineer with an industry profile.
- A member of the Approved Certifier of Design Scheme (SER Certifier).
- Extensive post graduate experience in major structural engineering building projects.
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery, specialist skills such as port design, blast design, airport design, bridges and tunnels.
- Detailed knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of 2D and 3D design software packages and suitability of their use at project level.
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site supervision and contract administration experience.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time and to budget.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
- Natural team builder, developing the technical excellence of our growing team.
- Able to develop and motivate others.
- A winning attitude.
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
What you'll get in returnYour new company recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, who cannot commit to full time employment. They support flexible working arrangements and are interested todiscuss how they can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, they understandthe need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default theyoffer flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a fulltimecontract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.