Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise, conceptual and practical knowledge of theories and principles, and applies general knowledge of business and industry practices in the discipline of public affairs and/or public relations. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Coordinates media relations and prepares external communications. Plans, prepares and relays information concerning the organization to the press and the wider community to gain understanding and acceptance for the organization. Develops and maintains lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups. Serves as advisor on advanced and broad ranging projects. Interprets business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Leads others in solving complex problems using sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions. Leads functional teams or projects. Exercises judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaption of both standard and complex techniques and procedures. Uses in-depth professional knowledge and acumen to develop models and procedures and monitors trends.
CE's mission is to improve patient outcomes and reduce variability in care delivery worldwide. To achieve this, CE strives to deeply understand the challenges facing clinicians and healthcare providers as they evolve to cope with changing regulatory pressures while striving to deliver high quality and effective care.
Reporting to the Program Director, Communications & Thought Leadership, this is a key role for developing and implementing innovative and strategic public relations and analyst relations programs that drive awareness, growth, and move our brand forward. As Global AR/PR manager, you will quickly develop a deep understanding of our Clinical Effectiveness message and solutions to effectively communicate their impact and value. Your overall objective will be to establish and build relationships with relevant press in key global markets and build relationships with key industry analysts.
You are an excellent storyteller with outstanding writing skills, and you have a track record of developing materials that help build our company's reputation and brand while maintaining trust with our audiences. You will develop and execute strategic PR plans, drive thought leadership initiatives, handle media and inquiries, and generate media opportunities. You will interface cross-functionally to develop a pipeline of story ideas, especially those featuring customers and our solutions. In concert with our PR agencies, you will develop stories that create interest and showcase our competitive differentiation; you will communicate key initiatives and news via press releases, briefings and interviews and coordinate press activity at industry events. You will coordinate with regional PR agencies, ensuring CE has a global message and impact. You will drive key briefings with analysts, working across product and sales teams to best position CE's solutions for analyst coverage.
* Manage and execute a global communications plan that includes programs, press releases, presentations, customer success stories, contributed articles, speaking engagements, awards, events, executive training and preparedness and crisis management
* Collaborate with customer experience, product marketing, and sales teams to develop a pipeline of customers to serve as media spokespeople
* Create and maintain processes for global public relations reporting, including metrics and KPIs, to assess effectiveness; assess regularly
* Collaborate with global team members to ensure consistent localization of messaging with local agencies in all regions
* Write and distribute effective press releases, pitches, and briefings that secure coverage
* Coordinate closely with the CE social media team on developing social media content and campaigns to promote PR efforts
* In concert with social content manager, identify social media outlets to further promote our inhouse experts and solutions offerings
* Manage external PR agency activity as appropriate to optimize results
* Provide PR support for industry events; pitch on-site interviews, identify news and feature opportunities and manage on-site journalist / attendance and briefings, provide follow up
* Collaborate with communications team at Health division and support cross-Division efforts to elevate Wolters Kluwer, Health in the press.
* Develop and drive analyst relations strategy and deliverables including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, and responses
* Partner with leadership and product teams to understand solutions story and the value it brings to customers
* Develop strong relationships with leading analysts in healthcare
* Facilitate analyst briefings to influence perception and presentation of our value to customers
* Facilitate connections between senior leadership, customers, and influential analysts
* Support internal stakeholders with messaging and materials for analyst discussions
* Establish and maintain Wolters Kluwer's status as an expert solutions market leader in analyst rankings and reports
* Manage reporting on analyst coverage and distribution of key analyst reports to the organization
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's or master's degree in marketing , communications or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
* 5-7 years AR/PR experience
* Interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
* Demonstrated management of multiple analyst relationships
* Previous management of PR agency retainer
* Self-motivated and well-organized
* Highly collaborative; thrives in a team environment
* Pays keen attention to detail
* Sense of humor a plus